5/03/2009

Love Me Some Technology

The first post is always the most painful. This was written on March 30, 2009:

I have always loved technology.

Ultimately, I chose to pursue a BA in Sociology instead of a BS in Computer Science because as much as I enjoyed computer programming, I thought computer science was a little on the dry and boring side.

In 1999, I completed my MSW, but on the research and policy side. My comfort and aptitude with technology enabled me to pick up a lot of great research skills, which led to my training as a social science data management...uh, guru? I'm reluctant to use a term like that, but I can't imagine getting any better at it. Well, to be honest, I don't want to get better at it. It is a pretty dull activity to engage in 24/7!

On a more serious note, my aptitude for mathematics, technology, sociology, and social work have all uniquely come together over the years, never more so than the present.

May 3, 2009

Since writing this post, I have fully immersed myself in the world of Twitter. I am one of the lucky people who tried it out and was able to hit the ground writing (wow, I meant to say running...interesting). I plan to write about my reflections on why Twitter is such a strange bird. Some people get it. Some don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment